domingo, 9 de abril de 2023

Anne Of Green Gables #1: by L. M. Montgomery


I am just going to say that all the movies and series (specially the Netflix's one) that have been made about the Anne novels are just a small, little, tiny "inspiration" of such a work of art. I didn't think that I would cry, but I did, I did indeed. It blowed up all my expectations (who were influenced before by the Netflix series). I even dare to say without any hesitation that the Netflix's —Should I say "own interpretation of the Anne of green gables"?— is a huge disappointment for what really this beautiful novel is. The last thing that I am going to say is that the series only contains perhaps 20% of what really happened in the book, the other things were just unnecessary things that they added, but I did know that that was "just to be politically correct️" As they usually do.

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐

Just a bit of my favorite phrases:

Dreams don't often come true, do they?"

"But if you call me Anne please call me Anne spelled with an E."

"It's all very well to read about sorrows and imagine yourself living through them heroically, but it's not so nice when you really come to have them, is it?"

"But the worst of imagining things is that the time comes when you have to stop and that hurts."

"God is a spirit, infinite, eternal and unchangeable, in His being, wisdom, power, holiness, justice, goodness, and truth, responded Anne promptly and glibly."

"Young men are all very well in their place, but it doesn't do to drag them into everything, does it?"

"I shall always be your little Anne, who will love you and Matthew and dear Green Gables more and better every day of her life."

"We are going to be the best of friends," said Gilbert, jubilantly. "We were born to be good friends, Anne. You've thwarted destiny enough. I know we can help each other in many ways. You are going to keep up your studies, aren't you? So am I. Come, I'm going to walk home with you."

"'God's in his heaven, all's right with the world,' whispered Anne softly. softly."
Daniely Mercedes
Daniely Mercedes

¡Hola! Soy Daniely Mercedes, una seguidora de Cristo y estudiante de diseño industrial dominicana. Me apasiona escribir, aprender y disfrutar de la lectura, especialmente de la teología y la ficción. En mi tiempo libre, hago reseñas de libros en Goodreads y disfruto de la música y el arte. Mis libros favoritos incluyen Las Crónicas de Narnia, Orgullo y Prejuicio, Mujercitas, entre otros.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario