domingo, 18 de junio de 2023

Anne's House of Dreams (Anne of Green Gables, #5) Montgomery, L.M


Despite this book being the next after the most boring book of all the series, this one... surprised me!. It was a really good one, I enjoyed the book most of the time, and others I found it a little too boring. Sometimes things were really predictable (really predictable). We see more religion topics again (which is not something that bothers me, some comments are funny sometimes , BUT because I do understand the real truth behind those non-biblical statements, So as I said in one of these books before, this book can be confusing for non-belivers). We see a little bit of politics (liberals vs conservatives again) and a couple of graphics descriptions of deaths (I wasn't expecting those), topics as the moral value of a person with mental illness, and the moral responsibilities of a doctor. Overall, was a good book. I was going to give it 3 stars when I was reading it, but it's not *that* bad, so 4/5.

🌟🌟🌟🌟

Some of my favorite phrases:

"I've read somewhere that 'our dead are never dead until we have forgotten them.' Matthew will never be dead to me, for I can never forget him."

"Kindred spirit flashed recognition to kindred spirit."

"Ain't it funny how ashamed boys are of tears?"

"I can read sense, and I can read nonsense, but that book is neither the one nor the other."

Gilbert put his arm about them. "Oh you mothers!" he said. "You mothers! God knew what He was about when He made you."

"Yes. The truth has made her free. Gilbert was right when he said that verse was the grandest in the Bible."
Daniely Mercedes
Daniely Mercedes

¡Hola! Soy Daniely Mercedes, una seguidora de Cristo y estudiante de diseño industrial dominicana. Me apasiona escribir, aprender y disfrutar de la lectura, especialmente de la teología y la ficción. En mi tiempo libre, hago reseñas de libros en Goodreads y disfruto de la música y el arte. Mis libros favoritos incluyen Las Crónicas de Narnia, Orgullo y Prejuicio, Mujercitas, entre otros.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario